Prologue to a Twins Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Top Things I've Said in 2012 as a Twins Mom

Happy New Year!  I usually prepare this post in November or December, but 2012 got the best of me so this is the first opportunity I've had lately to sit down for some creative writing. 

Every year I put together this list of the things I've repeatedly said through the year.  I have been doing this for a few years now and I have to say that it's really fun to look back at previous years and compare verbage.  There are a lot of similiarities - that's for sure!

Top Things I've Said in 2012 as a Twins Mom

1.  That's for sure! Followed by my daughter's "You know what?" and "pretty much."

2.  Can you all go to the bathroom?  It's time to leave.

3.  Please sit down while you're eating - you should know this by now.

4.  It's time to get ready for school!  I feel like with each new day it's like you've never gotten ready for school before.

5.  Hold on to the railing when you're on the stairs - you should know this by now.

6.  Oh, there's a good sale going on at the Vera Bradley outlet.

7.  I don't know why I bother talking, no one listens to me anyway.  Perfect example... I said to my husband "hold the box from the bottom, the handle is broken.  Hold the box from the bottom, the handle is broken." What does he do?  He holds the box from the handle and drops it! 

8.  My 5 year old flip phone is great and I'm beating the system.

9.  I'm not going to worry about it.

10.  Well, I cleaned the kitchen!  This was a big year for my husband's career and personal achievement.  Whenever he came home with a fantastic announcement about some award or recognition, after the appropriate congrats I would say "Well, I cleaned the kitchen."

Enjoy 2013!  And, may this be the best year yet for all!  What things do you hope to say the most in 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment