Prologue to a Twins Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Top Things I've Said in 2009



Happy New Year!

I always like to close out my year by putting together a top 10 list (although in this year's case it's a top 12 list). Here is my list for 2009.

As a mom of twins, I have the opportunity to repeat myself... a lot. This year was no exception and I found myself repeating the below phases many, many times throughout the year.

Listed below are the top 12 phases, ranked in order of importance and repetition, that I've said this year.

#12: I really want an iPod Touch.

#11: If there's one thing that I am, it's prepared.

#10: Okay everyone, it's time to get dressed.

#9: Please stop doing that.

#8: Guys, it's time to clean up now.

#7: Don't jump on the couch cushions please.

#6: Hold onto the railing when you're coming down the stairs.

#5: If you're eating, where are you suppose to be sitting?

#4: Time for bed.

#3: Say you're sorry, please.

#2: I love you.

#1: You've got to bold the gazebo to the deck or it's going to blow away.

That last one is in honor of my husband who didn't believe that a heavy metal gazebo could be taken out by wind. Needless to say, he learned the hard way shortly after putting up the gazebo.

What were the phases that you've repeated throughout the year this year?

2 comments:

  1. Are our husbands related??? We have 2 metal gazebo type thingies on our back porch and I said the very same thing to my husband who said that was the lamest thing he'd ever heard. Since then, both gazebos are no longer in their original place and the top of one is completely ripped off. Ya think he'd admit that I was right? Nope.

    I can relate to pretty much everything you've said this past year. Me too. Especially the where are you supposed to be sitting when you're eating...to which my smart-ass kids say "uh, on my butt?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto about the gazebo! That's three of us; is this some kind of undiscovered phenomenon?

    Happy New Year to you! x

    ReplyDelete